Sunday, July 30, 2006

music

one of my favorite musics is called trilogy by sonic youth: the tripartite the wonder, hyperstation and eliminator jr. make shivers go down my back.


here is the band´s website: sonic youth´s music made me start to research for urban anthropology and music, i. e. the band from new york expresses to me a feeling of density of living together, and they use a special tuning, which was used in early times. the texts are (not only) criticizing nowaday´s society and they shurely were/are a kind of avantgarde band semantically, contextually and musically. i used to play kim gordon´s bass lines on my bass, she can hack the eights as i like to hear them. straight rythms and concertant patterns form the melodic daydream nation cd.

© Sybille Amber: Intellectual Property 2005/2006

0 Conversations: